I just moved to Las Vegas to start my new job! I left Minnesota on Tuesday around noon, drove through Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, and finally arrived in Nevada on Thursday morning. It was a 26 hour drive. Once we arrived we went apartment shopping and visited about 5 different places. I signed on an awesome 1 bedroom apartment that I can move into next Saturday. Until then my home is this hotel-- the breakfasts here are amazing though, so I can't complain!
We did a lot of shopping for apartment things, a bed, and more work clothes. On Friday we spent our night on the Strip... but we spent a lot more time there than we intended. Lesson Learned: Always check your oil after a road trip, even if you're not close to being due for an oil change.
I dropped my mom off at the airport last night, and I'm officially on my own! Here are 5 things I have noticed since arriving in Las Vegas.
1. My hair is way more manageable, thanks to no humidity.
2. Never go through a green light on the las vegas strip if there isn't enough room for your car on the other side of the intersection.
3. Parking is free everywhere.
4. There are a couple of new favorite stores that I love love love... one being "Hottie."
5. Just because the car next to you has a limo tint on their windows... it doesn't mean they are famous.
Alright, now I'm off to go try out a church :) Please keep me in your prayers as I start work tomorrow!