Let me just say that 1) I do love London and I am happy to be here, and 2) This is just a list of things that Americans should remember to appreciate. I will make a list about London when I return to the states. It's always easier to pick out the things you love once you don't have them anymore.1. Guns (I told you, this list is going to be interesting).
2. Christian radio stations
3. Dots and Twizzlers
4. Gas stations
5. Lakes within driving distance
6. Shopping malls
7. Driving in the summer with the windows down... or just driving-- period!
8. Dairy Queen
9. Fox News
10. Victoria's Secret
11. America's top 100 countdown on Sunday mornings
12. Churches all over the place
13. Red Box DVDs
14. TARGET (This should be #1).
15. Private health insurance
16. Free public restrooms...and LOTS of them
17. Real pancakes, lumberjack style... not "crepes"
18. People who smile
19. The 4th of July
20. Inexpensive Diet Coke
21. Jetskiing and water sports
22. Football... the REAL Football
24. CoverGirl Cosmetics & Almay Cosmetics
25. Southern accents
26. Lawn mowers... and having a backyard to mow, for that matter
27. E! News
28. Soccer moms
29. Public garbage cans EVERYWHERE
30. JetPuff Marshmallows
31. Minivans WITH KIDS INSIDE
32. Chocolate chips
33. Skippy "Chunky" Peanut Butter
35. Rooms big enough to twirl in.... that's right, I twirl.
36. Friendly service workers that make small talk
37. Refreshing, ice cold well water
38. Larger restaurant chairs, larger bathrooms, larger stores, larger everything
39. Strangers who say "God Bless You"
40. Singing in your car with the windows down and radio blasting
41. Stick deodorant (not roll-on)
42. Hot/Cold adjustments on the faucets so you don't have to go back/forth quickly between the spouts
43. Free re-fills of drinks
44. Traditional western values
45. The large variety of gum flavors
46. Seeing guys wearing baseball caps and sunglasses
47. How home and garden centers (i.e. Home Depot) smell steamy, floral, and dirty at the same time when they get in their spring plants
48. Fast-food drive through windows.... they're fun, right?
49. Our humongous grocery stores
50. Forever21 (last but not least)
Did I miss anything?