"I will lift my eyes to the maker of the mountains I can't climb. I will lift my eyes to the calmer of the oceans raging wide. I will lift my eyes to the healer of the hurt I hold inside."
2. The challenge of not being able to text/call people whenever I'm walking alone forces me to be an individual. It forces me to really observe the things and people around me. It forces me to experience the intimidating quietness that occurs when you are alone with your mind and soul. It's daunting at first, but it gets easier, and you start to feel more comfortable with it, and (gasp), even enjoy it.
3. I look at pictures like this and remember that "Positive thinking results in positive outcomes." -Sarah Mullen
4. I remember that "We are called to LOVE not only our friends who are easy for us to love, but even those who hate us." -Rachael Lipscomb. "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." Luke 6:27-28.
5. The phrase"be true to yourself" is taking on a whole new meaning in my life. Do the things you like to do, and don't let the winds blow you around.
6. I find myself looking down at my wrist and admiring the sparkling Movado watch that my boyfriend gave me for Christmas. It reminds me that every moment that passes is one moment closer to him coming to London. March 3rd.
7. I'm in a city where anything goes. No one considers themselves "unfashionable," and it's this omnipotent confidence that prevents certain people from standing out. The lack of acknowledgement and judgement of obscure fashion choices forces you to dress for yourself. There is no point in impressing anyone, because honestly, you won't. I feel like I'm developing my style and discovering my "favorite things" all over again. Ooo, and I'm buying things such as these (in the video here), simply because they fancy me.
XOXO, Dylan Maureen