Spring Break 2010 = SO FUN. We hit up Fort Myers Beach, Naples, and South Beach, Miami. Here are a few lessons I learned:1. Never share your deodorant with a guy. Their armpits shed.
2. McDonalds has free wi-fi internet. It's also a great excuse to get one of their 150 calorie reduced-fat ice cream cones.
3. After packing your bag, take out half of your clothes. Realistically, you will only wear about half of what you brought. The extra room allows for ample shopping.
4. Take pictures. Photos are the best way to remember things, and they're so pretty to look when you get back home and it's 30 degrees.
5. If everyone else is doing it, it's okay. This refers to my experience walking around shops and the like in Fort Myers Beach, wearing nothing but my pony-patterned Ralph Lauren bikini. I felt like I was doing something wrong, until I looked around, and everyone else was half naked too.
6. Never leave food out on the beach. As I was about to bite into a granola bar, a seagull swooped down and snatched it right from my hand. Over the next hour I watched seagulls steal a lady's sandwich and devour a bag of chips.
7. Pink and Navy. This is a great color combination. In one of my next blogs I'm going to highlight some of the fabulous fashions I saw in South Beach.
8. Sneak into hotels. It's really fun to check out the hotels in South Beach. My favorite is the Fontainebleau. It recently hosted the Victoria's Secret Fashion show, is the home to Nicole Richie's jewelry store, and is a favorite getaway for a number of hot celebrities. Check it out.
9. Broccoli and Catalina Dressing = Best Combo. Eat it like carrots and dip. So good. And healthy too.
10. Never pose like a porn star on the beach.... especially if you are over 30. See below...
Alright, back to reality for me.